NYC Style Spot   +  TIME

On Great Food - NY Style

One of the things I have brought back with me from my NYC trip is a cute bulging belly. I just couldn't avoid it. It is not that the cuisine there is particularly exquisite, it's simply that you can eat anything you like, any time of the day!

I began by pretending to stay healthy with sushi. Yet the sushi was too delicious and in not so small portions. Cocktails to wash it down left me happy and feeling light. On the second day, after a gorgeous organic breakfast around Soho, it loomed on me that if I wanted to wear my beloved Topshop bodycon around New York, this could not be delayed - my belly would be petite no more in just a few hours. So, rule number one when visiting the Big Apple - if like me you have an apettite, avoid fitted clothing and give in to the good stuff.

My recommendations? for great Japanese food, a fantastic loud atmosphere and a very retro vibe, head to Kenka, located in the East Village. You simply cannot go wrong with this one. It is fun and unexpensive and the food is pretty tasty. We loved the waiters' t-shirts so much we headed to the store upstairs (a pretty bizarre place!) and bought some for ourselves. Picture below: Moi pretty content at Kenka, wearing a Custo cardigan purchased that same day.

Another thing I was happy not to miss were the cupcakes. I obviously went to Magnolia (sinful treats pictured below) and was not disappointed. The funniest thing were the Sex And The City tour buses parked outside picking up some girls high on sugar, wearing impressive stilettos. I also tasted the Baked By Melissa mini-cupcakes, at their little location in Soho, at a dollar each, a must (the mint-chocolate ones are simply blissful).

And one thing New Yorkers do brilliantly is brunch. If only I could do this every weekend!! I loved Public, in my beloved Nolita, too delicious, too cool to miss. Great atmosphere on a Sunday morning, the menu is mouth-watering and the passion fruit mimosas too good to pass. The service was a bit chaotic that day, but the staff are all very friendly, just don't go there in a rush. Brunch is to be enjoyed slowly and with good company.

Pictures: Fashion Limbo