NYC Style Spot   +  sushi

Sushi in Belgium - The Good Way

I don't do restaurant or food related reviews, but when I come across something this good, I have to share it. If you are currently living or staying in Brussels listen up,
this is a good food alert.
Let's start talking about me - because I love that - A couple of weeks ago it was my birthday (yay!) and to celebrate a day all about me (how fantastic is that! I hear you say) a good friend of mine offered to collect some sushi and bring it to my place. Considering I love sushi and good company, the evening was looking pretty good. The sushi joint my friend had chosen was Sushi Shop in Waterloo.

The first thing I liked was the packaging. Very neat, in a combination of chocolate brown and beige, with everything required for an evening of sushi. Included in the order were two types of soya sauce, one spicy, one sweet (truly delectable this one), individual servings of wasabi and a free portion of seaweed salad to share.

My friend ordered two bigger platters, one medium and a small one of chicken sushi, as they also cater for the non-sushi lovers. We were four and felt quite full with our order. No one went home hungry.

Our verdict? we loved it and would definitively order again. The food is super fresh and extremely tasty. The wasabi is potent and doesn't disappoint. The pricing is also quite acceptable and they do home deliveries. In Brussels they are located in Uccle, Louise and Sablon. If you are outside the city check the Waterloo shop.

And the best thing about this sushi joint? they do not use the over-fished bluefin tuna, serving albacore instead. For me, that is a great reason to try this place.

For drinks some of us had some champagne, others Martini Fiero (guess who?) and some fine Belgian beer of course. We had great music in the background - my own playlist of course including Marina & The Diamonds, NERD, Solange, Robyn, etc -

May I add this was the second celebration of my birthday in little more than a week? how lucky can a girl be?

Pictures: Sushishop.be