NYC Style Spot   +  winter trends

Inspiration: Red is the colour

Now, not that I like to bring on things early, but with all the snow outside and the cold temperatures... is it wrong that I’m already working on my Christmas playlist? that all my decorations are up and that I’m planning my outfits for the festive season? Not really, because it’s December, my darlings, and the colour you should already be wearing is red, red, red.

Red as in the amazing editorial by Pierre Dal Corso for Zink Magazine US (Via TouchPuppet).

Red as in the dress I will be wearing tonight. I made this little sexy beast in the summer of 2009, and I haven’t worn it enough.

Red as in the richest of tones for two or three dresses I'm coveting at Mango. If you need a festive number in that shade this is the place to go. Did I mention that out of the Mango stores I’ve visited in Spain, the UK and countless other countries the one in Namur (Belgium) is the most stunning and deserves a Visual Merchandising award? If a store says “shop, bad girl, shop” that’s, ever so surprisingly, Namur’s - that's Belgium kicking ass in the sexy store category.

Red as in nail and lip colour. As I’m quite poor these days, I stocked up at Hema, a Dutch store with a lot of pretty cheap things, and shall be wearing these rouge-inspired shades.

And finally red in its most gorgeous incarnation, a red Alfa Romeo. While we wished we had a Giulietta to drive around, we love our 147 and will surely shed a tear when we sell it. Sadly it seems we may be saying good bye to this gorgeous one soon. I think this calls for a minute of silence for the beautifully things we've all had to let go of, my dears.

Pictures: TouchPuppet, Fashion Limbo, Mango