NYC Style Spot   +  TIME

Question of Style - The tie and the cameo

If there's a style I would kill to have, that is Sarah Jessica Parker's. I'm one of those who believes is not all Patricia Field, but that the actress deserves some credit for such great looks. One of my favourite seasons of Sex and The City - because the films, for me, simply don't exist - is number 5, in which Carrie dons the sexiest bob ever and some fantastic outfits. The picture above is not so much about an oufit, but more about finishing touches. See the tie and the cameo? see how the tie is wrapped around her neck? I've been dying to emulate this.

Some weeks back I treated myself to the cameo above by Aspire Style (I got it during a promotion via Retro Chick which saved me some pennies!). After watching a couple of "how to tie a tie" video tutorials, I came up with this:

What do you think? The key is to wrap the tie around your neck once before tying it. You then pin the cameo to the wider side of the tie and at the same time with the jacket or waistcoat, fixing it in a diagonal way. I still have to find a good outfit to wear it with, as the cardie and old t-shirt combo is not the best look. I also think that maybe a lighter tie could work better and be more comfortable to wear. Here's another look.

So there you have it, a different way to wear a cameo, brought by the never-ending source of style inspiration that Sex and The City is. Are you a fan of the show?

Pictures: Aspire Style, Fashion Limbo, HBO