NYC Style Spot   +  winter

Winter survival - Stay warm, stay pretty

Just an odd ball of a post here. With the bad weather I have decided to share some tips I find make my life easier during the darker times of the year.

Make the effort - I’m not going to lie to you, but during this time of the year if I’m at home, I will be most likely wearing some indoor velour track suit (indoor, being the operative word here. This items is NOT to be worn outside your front door, don’t make me repeat this ladies!). On other occasions I go for my beloved Garfield pyjamas, or some kind of multilayer ensemble rounded off by my leopard print robe... very sexy...not. However, depending on your lifestyle you may want to make the effort and wear something you would like others to see. For yourself, for your own happiness. Wear the expensive mascara or add a brooch to that thick jumper. The winter blues is a harsh bug and is very easy to catch. Avoid it like the plague, my dears.

Be realistic about your shoes - If there’s snow outside, don’t wear suede, and those thin business shoes, pack them away, dude. If there is ice, leave the high heels indoors. As much fun as watching other people slip and slide may be, it’s ultimately dangerous and pretty rubber boots, rough military style booties and anything else with a strong and thick gripping sole will work wonders. This winter I'm swearing by my New Look utility boots. Best buy this season.

If raining, fake fur coats and bags are a pointless tragedy, because nobody should look like a wet dog.

If your “puffa” coat is more than 5 years old maybe consider that certain fluo colour combinations are best erased from this earth.

Finally, moisturise like there’s no tomorrow - add some perfumed oils to you bath, drink lots of warm tea, spice up the weekend with some chocolate and start planning some sort of spring break, you deserve it.

What are your tips for winter survival?

Pictures: Fashion Limbo