NYC Style Spot   +  TIME

I need a shoe - Comfy vs Sexy

Hello my lovelies, how's the week treating you? I'm not doing too bad. Debuted my new pilates-bunny self with a session involving machines... I'll say that again: ma-chi-nes, because I am that tough and strong! I do wonder who I am trying to fool, for I did struggle a bit with a simple rubber ball. Me and big bouncy spheres don't get along, them with their unexpected rolls towards you or, embarrassingly, towards someone else, me with my complete lack of coordination.

Now I'm looking at shoes, as one does! And I'm doubting between two styles today. Comfortable vs Sexy. With my back injury, it would be smart not to abuse my penchant for sky-high heels. However, I do have an elegant wedding to attend very soon, hence me gawping at sexy sandals. Then out of the blue, I got an e-mail from a really adorable girl (seriously, how sweet can some people be) at Spartoo.co.uk. This lovely darling proceeded to tell me about their HUGE shoe store, with SO MANY brands, styles, colours and I just went shoe-mad.

My first choice is these by Fly London. Why? because of the lovely colour and the comfy heel. A light pseudo wedge, I can wear these a lot, with my floral dresses or some comfy chinos.

Keeping with the safe and comfy category, these Vivienne Westwood by Melissa below are an ongoing obsession of mine. I have a Mad Men style dress that would look amazing with them and a cropped denim jacket to dress it down slightly.

Now to the "unhealthy" footwear and the wedding. I'm trying to rescue a pair of green satin shoes - water stains, any tips? - but with the lack of positive results, I'm letting my eyes wonder towards alternatives. How about these by Nine West?

I'm wearing a long black gown, with a light cameo at the chest, so maybe these beauties could work. The pearly white renders me a little unsure, but they are simply stunning. Maybe the ones below by Cinti would be a better choice.

The trouble when you are a shoe freak like me, is that most of the time we shop on impulse, we find it very hard to concentrate on what we really need. As an example, my lust for the ones below, by Bourne.

Because that's what happens to us, we start with a good reasonable idea, and then just blow it all in a midst of excitement, tiny jumps, screams and a behaviour that's more suited to Christmas Day morning...when you are five.

So, some shoe love to end the week. What do I do? Do I go snug yet pretty or utterly sexy?

Pictures: Spartoo.co.uk