NYC Style Spot   +  Vivienne Westwood

What I'm Wearing - Vivienne Westwood

Hello lovely readers, just to let you know that I really can't write much today as I'm sick. I had a wonderful weekend, as I visited the Andalusian city of Cordoba for the wedding of one of my best friends. I had a fantastic time, me and my plus one made our best efforts to look amazing for my beloved friend, and we now believe this was the best, most fun wedding ever. We enjoyed a brilliant dinner with the best company, hardly stopped laughing and danced until almost 5am. The bride looked stunning and now competes with my aunt for the "best dressed bride of all time according to Jess".

The only downside? an old "friend" couldn't stop repeating how awfully skinny I was, and I quote. Everyone else had lovely compliments for me, except for that one person, who also kept repeating his opinion on my physique to anyone who bothered to listen. How lovely... I guess he didn't read this.

All in all, too much fun simply cannot be good! And I am now flirting with some flu-ish symptoms... and it's almost June.

In other news, finally, I am wearing Vivienne Westwood... just not her clothes! I am wearing her perfume. To the humble shopper that I am, this is as a huge achievement, namely because I couldn't find it in any local shops, nor in the big department stores. I even sent my minions to search for it at huge Spanish airports. Finally my dear aunt and cousin visiting from London brought me a bottle of pure Westwood style.

The fragrance is quite soft and easy to wear. According to the label it has notes of black rose, musk, ylang-ylang and violet. To me it smells like light vanilla, sweet yet not overpowering.

I finish with some cough syrup and a toast: here's to wearing what anyone wants, during a SlutWalk, during a stroll by the beach, during your wedding day, and even during days of sickness when all one wants is to wear pyjamas and read Harper's Bazaar all day... oh and here's to sunbathing in style.

How was your weekend?

Pictures: Fashion Limbo