NYC Style Spot   +  fashion

Douchebag Fashions Killed Fashion

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all the Ed Hardy loving Douchebags and Douchebaguettes out there who have ruined fashion for us all! Mucho gracias hijo de puta! Ai papi!

My perception of style has completely changed and just the idea of wearing anything with skulls, tattooed inspired or anything bejewelled that is NOT Balmain, makes me want to gag myself in agony. Don’t get me wrong and I won’t lie because I did go through an embarrassing Ed Hardy & Christian Audigier phase with the bejeweled caps and flashy gotti detailing, but that was like 8 seasons ago when it was kinda...well sorta...borderline cool ?

Anyways my work place just received a few new Prada hand bags in-store for the fall season and one of the bags completely caught my eye. The beauty was a men’s black, calf leather, Prada tote with a skull and cross bow, which was intricately made out of sheet metal, nuts and bolts. Similar to the one picture to the left, BUT made in luxurious black leather instead of cheap nylon and with daunting signature Prada symbol place discreetly on the side instead of the front.

I ooohed, ahhhed and sashayed around my work place with the bag as if it had always been mine, but being the analytical character that I am and being on the verge of debt, I had to resist myself from purchasing another handbag especially of one with a Douchebag’s insignia logo on it.

It’s a gorgeous SIMPLE bag and the leather material is so supple it’s to die for but it’s something about the damn skull that ignites all the hate I have for all that Affliction, Ed Hardy, etc crap. The skull is not even that bad looking (its kinda cute, actually) but I’m just completely bothered with the association that it comes with. So I had to put it down and walk away like I just broke off a long-term relationship. *sigh*

Oh my lordy... I’ve gone insane because I literally just turned my back on a Prada!