NYC Style Spot   +  TIME

Prada & The Fashionably Unemployed

With the economic downturn continuing to loom in the high-end luxury retail industry and my high probability of constant misfortune, I was layed-off from work... AGAIN. Working my last shift at work the other day and of course not being able to contain myself, I had to abuse my staff discount ONE LAST TIME. I may not have a job at the moment and my grave of debts is deep enough to bury myself and my new closet from Ikea, but at least I’ll be FASHIONABLY UNEMPLOYED.

Being the materially excessive person that I am, I bought an extremely in-your-face Prada dress belt to hold my pants up when I loose weight from being starving poor. Along with the belt, I picked up a simple bi-fold Prada wallet, which unfortunately will not hold the money I once earned but instead, the handful of maxed-out credit cards and parking tickets I’ve accumulated.

With these two purchases to add to my COPIOUS collection of Prada accessories, along with a pair of black Prada dress loafers I received as a generous gift recently, without a doubt...
The Starving Stylist Wears Prada.