NYC Style Spot   +  relax

Wellness Wednesday: Essential Oils

Wellness Wednesday: Essential Oils

Essential oils have a million and one uses- here are my favourite!
I buy all organic Essential Oils from SEOC (Sydney Essential Oil Company) Insect bites or cuts: these do sting a little so be sure to water them down but they are much better for you than over the counter creams at the chemist in my belief! Purifying the indoor air: especially if anyone is unwell at home Peppermint, Eucalyptus & Lavender is a great blend for unblocking and disinfecting


Cleaning: I love Orange or Lemon to disinfect and clean the house with my Enjo products. It leaves a yummy smell!
Spring clean your mattress by pouring half a cup of baking soda and 4 drops of lavender in to a jar then shake it. Grab a kitchen strainer and hold it over your bed whilst sprinkling the mixture. Leave it for an hour then vacuum up to get rid of nasty dust mites!
Relaxation: Add a few drops of lavender to a bath or your infuser. It is also great to put on your temples or any headache/neck type of pain.
I love Ylang Ylang, Petigran and Orange- it is my favourite daily mix to calm our house down :) Also try: Chamomile, Patchouli, Geranium and Lavender Sage, Basil, Ylang Ylang, Bergamont, Lavender and Petigran Roman Chamomile, Cedarwood, Mandarin, Lemon, Lavender and Bergamont Calabrian.
I find Mandarin and all citrus oils uplifting and great for concentration too!
* Be careful to check what oils you can burn if you are pregnant or have young babies around.
Edible organic oils: (available from Doterra) Orange- I often use orange rind and oil in my desserts (Raw avocado chocolate mousse is my favourite!)
Peppermint- Raw recipes (mint chocolate, cookies or cheesecake) if you don't have real mint herbs available
Hazelnut- also delicious in many raw recipes!

Raw Cacao Avocado Mousse

Hazelnut Raw Chocolate Cheesecake