NYC Style Spot   +  TIME

Bedroom Reveal - it's now or never!

I'm so excited to have finally photographed my bedroom. Of course, as you all know, you're never really "done". So, of course, I have been procrastinating looking for that particular this or that to complete it all. But, then I thought, I'll never be finished enough so just get the camera out and get on with it!

I already had most of the items but splashed out on some new lamps and bedside tables. I purchased the fabrics online from the US (for Australian readers I used www.PriceUSA.com and it worked great!) and purchased the Celerie Kemble Bleeker pillow from Kyoozi on Etsy. The sunburst mirror was stolen from the hallway and the pair of black prints (that contain antique bookplates) were from my son's room.

Thanks to Caitlin Wilson for helping me with the furniture placement and lots of good advice with my fabrics. I literally walked around my house and "shopped". I love falling in love with pieces you already have just by moving them!

It's hard to see but the good old Ikea stripe rug adds a bit of a graphic punch on the floor. I love it here!

I made the cushions/pillows myself... I like that I can sew but in all honesty I think that once I start it I actually don't enjoy it that much. I am super proud of the piping I added to the Jacobean Floral pillow. I was really nervous about attempting it since at this stage I'd had the fabric for a few months and not gotten around to sewing and I just really wanted to get it done. But, I came across this post from Janelle at Isabella and Max Rooms and since her instructions were so fabulous with making the fabric covered lamp shades which I attempted here I decided to give it a shot. And, of course, it is not as scary as you think. Read through Janelle's blog post a few times and give it a try. I'll definitely be doing it again.

And lastly, I couldn't resist in including this picture of my little assistant. Though he actually looks like he's "helping" he's actually trying to pull the cover off the bed! At least the pictures were done by now!

All photos by Susannah Yeon