NYC Style Spot   +  veggies

Wellness Wednesday: DIY- Our Organic Veggie Garden

Our Organic Veggie Garden has been a project on my 'to do' list for too long but I've finally committed to one and will share my steps and tips with you! I decided to wait until I had the time to take care of it properly and for my kids to be old enough to get involved, understand and appreciate where their food comes from. I am, to be honest, a total plant serial killer! I have had numerous indoor plants die from over watering or under watering but things are looking good now...

I will share a few snaps here but in coming weeks I will go into more depth as to how I went about building the garden and how to maintain it easily, organically & naturally.

Make sure that whatever you are planting you veggies in is 'safe.'
Ask before you buy... what has the wood been treated with? Something toxic?
You don't want any nasties leaching into your soil...

Organic seedlings picked up from our local Farmers Market

Gnomes add an extra attraction for the boys towards the veggie garden...

Cute mushroom stools... an impulse buy of Taj's (from the Reject Shop.)

An raised garden bed, purchased from Bunnings, constructed by me :)

Blueberry trees are best kept in a pot and we will buy larger pots as they grow.

Herbs within easy reach...

These dear little leafy greens have a date with my Thermomix... or perhaps, my juicer!?

Look out for the next Gardening post when we harvest our veggies! It is nice and close to their playground so I am sure my 'little rabbits' will be munching on some of their produce in the meanwhile...