NYC Style Spot   +  TIME

Dining Room Reveal

Hi everyone,

Winter has just finished and I've been busy giving our dining room a little make over. Waiting for furniture takes ages... Anyway, we'd had our last dining table and chairs for about 12 years and I was ready for a change. Really ready. Have never been into chandeliers but we saw a beautiful house that we wanted to buy but didn't and it had some lighting bling so I took the plunge.

Here's how we looked before, well quite a L-O-N-G time before. Approximately a toddler and a half ago. Oh, just realised the date is on there... Totally caught in the 80's.

Dining area before

Dining area
And then it looked a bit like this for a while, with some Chiang Mai dragon to keep me company. They are now hanging in different rooms. Can't waste some good dragon.

And now, after the freshen up. Sorry for the lack of styling. There was limited time and I actually had to 'reverse style' to get the photos. In other words, I had a lot of stuff to get out of there from my 2, 6 and 46 year old boys so my choice was take the shot or never, ever at all. I know you know what I mean (mums' with kids are nodding).

Dining room now - October 2012

Usually roses, but the snap dragons were nice for a change

Lots of painting took place this year. Painting the balustrade was a nightmare and I started in January and finished in about August and yes, blue painters tape remained the whole time. The french doors got a coat of black which turned out to be more of a navy-black. I call it my Nate Berkus moment.

So many things to do on the list; new kitchen, dark timber floors, new bathroom. The list goes on.

Changed out the bedroom linen and finally got a little work area in the bedroom. Hope to post that next.

Take care,