NYC Style Spot   +  stylist

Q & A w/ The Starving Stylist

How did you come up with the name of your blog? I’m the type to starve in order to save up enough money for a lusted pair of shoes or that latest designer handbag even though my stomach would be growling immensely and my speech was slurring, therefore giving myself the name THE STARVING STYLIST.

When w here you intr oduced to fashion? As a young enfant, my mother was a master seamstress. She made me tons of ridiculous outfits that were vomiting with colour and prints. Still today she is my go-to-tailor for any quick fix. My sister also designed clothes and was an amazing esthetician that could make any skank look classy and any whore l ess horrible and one of my brothers had a strong interest in photography, who often used me as a muse for photographing.

How do you describe your style? Comfortable casual with a hint of street edge and a touch of designer. I love my t-shirt and jeans but I also love anything that’s expensive and screaming with a b rand name on it.

What made you start a fashion blog? PURE BOREDOM. I had just finished post-secondary school and w as out of a job; therefore, I started to blog to keep myself busy instead of knitting myself tacky chunky sweaters and playing board games with my cats like a loony spinster

What do you think you bring to the fashion blog world? A sassy and humorous opinion to everything in fashion. I’m tired of the super emotional, slit-my-wrist with a stiletto types of blogs. It’s great to speak your voice but fashion is supposed to be fun so why not laugh and enjoy yourself ?

How is your style different than everyone else? It’s the ATITITUDE that I carry out in my outfits that makes it different from everyone else. Call it fierce or just plain bitchy but it’s my alluring and apparent confidence that makes my style who I am.

Who is your inspiration? MY FRIENDS. Whether their trying to help me lace my over-the-knee high boots up, sew sequins to my blazer or helping me get my mind out of the gutter by feeding me artery-clogging fast-foods, I live for my friends. Each and every single one of them is so different and uniquely fucked-up in their own way and that’s why I love them.

What impression do you want to leave on the peop l e that visits your blog? That I’m not actually a materialistic driven whore that’s out there trying to gold-dig for loose change in your sofa. That I’m actually just like everyone else out there in search of self-actualization and belonging in the world. But I guess in my case, I can easily find happiness and fulfillment in a new Louis Vuitton bag too.

Questionaire Credits to Fashion Jinx

Px.