NYC Style Spot   +  Today's Special

Starving Stylist Turned Starving Model

Photographer: GAETANO FASCIANA
Make-up: ASHLEE LÚK Hair: DYLAN WALKER
Wardrobe Stylist: VICTORIA MEISTER

Usually working behind the scenes of the camera, I got the fortunate opportunity to work in front of the lens just last week because you know, a plus-sized model needs to book some work too!

So, just like Naomi Campbell with her BlackBerry clutched in hand as self-defense, I got my weave and make-up done, tried on some fancy duds with my lovely stylist and basically sucked in my stomach and “smiled with my eyes” in front of the camera lens the entire day.

It’s a lot of work ‘trying ’ to look beautiful, no wonder selected models get paid the big bucks. Gosh, I was just happy that I was fed an actual meal after instead of just living off stale chewing gum and ice water during the day! But then again, I should just be grateful that I can even book a modeling gig for that matter!