NYC Style Spot   +  STYLE

Whiskey Winter

DIESEL down-filled bomber vest; TOPMAN navajo print shirt; AMERICAN APPAREL cotton undershirt; KASIL WORKSHOP the 'Dean' tapered trousers in Whiskey Red; JOHN FLUVOG the 'Headliners' boots; PRADA nylon & leather tote bag; GUCCI aviators.

I have a mild obsession with the colour burgundy or what Kasil Workshop cleverly calls, Whiskey Red, this season.

To be quite honest, I don't have much colour in my wardrobe outside of the neutral colour palettes of black, white, gray, brown and navy, so this whiskey red number is definitely a step out of the box for me believe it or not, but its unquestionably a very comfortable one.

Also, I've actually replaced a lot of my denim and skinny jeans for chinos and cotton trousers recently too. As much as I love a good pair of super skinny black jeans, I've gotten more relaxed with my pants. Sure, I can still wear a fierce pair of 'fashion over comfort' jeans... you know... that pair that you can barely move around or bend over in but damn do you look ever so good... but at the end of the day I just want to be comfortable...

Maybe, I'm just getting fat and my body can't fit into skinnies like it used to. Next thing you know it, I'll be sporting sweatpants in public instead—Sacrilegious! I know!... But knowing me and my label whoring ways, if I did start replacing my jeans and trousers for sweatpants, you can bet your bottom dollars they will be like Alexander Wang or Yohji Yamamoto drop crotch flannel sweats and it would be paired with leather biker boots and definitely NOT with gym sneakers. Duh.

Photographs taken by Ashley M.



Px.
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER