NYC Style Spot   +  TIME

It’s Tax Season Bitches!

With my fingers crossed, I’m filing my taxes today in hopes that I will gain some of my hard earn money back because heck, I’m still that unemployed fashioninsto that would rather spend every last cent on a new shirt from H&M than satisfying my growling stomach... Starving Stylist much?

So, with the thought of receiving tax money back, I went out into town and did what I knew how to do best... SHOP. Cruising down the chic boutiques along West 4th, I came across these adoring 3.1 Phillip Lim cotton crochet carnation pins and couldn’t help but stare in awe. But after much attention, the thought of pinning a carnation to my jacket blazer made me roll my eyes so far back I nearly went blind as I remembered how much I hated these pathetic filler flowers in real life.

I’m a complete sap when it comes to receiving flowers of any sort but the sight of a carnation makes me want to throw a psychotic Carrie Bradshaw ditched at the wedding alter moment in the Sex and the City movie! I absolutely LOATHE carnations as they are an exact equivalent to weeds; cheap, unattractive and dull. You can dye them multi-coloured, bejewel them with a Bedazzler or even dip them in gold, I’d still rather get bitch slapped across the face than receive such filth! So sorry Phillip Lim, the next time when you decided to design a weed-like accessory, how about making it out of cannabis? So if I decide that I no longer like it, I can always roll it up and smoke it.

-Px.