NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Junking in the North
I apologize for the slowdown of posts... there's still a lot of thrifting going on over here (of course) but I've been a little lazy about photographing my items. I blame the lack of sun and the chilly weather for my lack of energy... all I want to do is drink hot cocoa on the couch while watching Antique Roadshow reruns!

Anyways, I've been meaning to unpack my vintage finds bought on my trip to Wisconsin back during my Thanksgiving break in November. I stayed with my friend Tricia and her husband Steve in Madison (and of course hit several thrift stores) and also stayed with Tricia's family in her hometown of Wausau, which also happens to be a mini thrifting Mecca.

The items below are only half of what I found there... look for a part two soon that will include photos of me at the infamous Dig 'n Save thrift store where you literally have to dig to find your treasures!

At the Wausau Goodwill there was an entire set of these dishes but I decided only to get the more unique/interesting items out of the lot. Yes, I can never say 'no' to a well designed sugar & creamer set.

A lovely metal canister set with a subtle brushed green pattern that matches well with the Fire King items below.

The scale is rather deceptive.... these are much larger than sugar bowls, they are about 8-10 inches high? They were found at the same thrift store in Wisconsin, I imagine the one on the right is missing its lid.
I'm pretty sure this is a loaf pan... the handles aren't very large though and it has an unusual base. This was made by Fire King is in the same luster/pattern as the containers above.

These look like custard cups in the photo but they are actually Fire King cereal bowls. I got a set of 4 but thought the picture looked better with just 3.

I have this strange affinity for what I call 'chintzy' ceramic items like this little bud vase & powder/dresser jar.

A little goldtone charm bracelet... I love the handbag & shoe charms.

I'm not sure what I'll do with the glasses (they're small--meant for a little girl) but they're pink & vintage so I couldn't say 'no'. The beaded bag is in great condition, all the beads are intact and the lining is white silk.

A pink Melmac divided vegetable dish, white atomic Melmac sugar bowl, brown 'leather' buttons and shiny pink buttons all from the same church thrift shop in Wisconsin.

I've been collecting jewelry boxes in this style for a while, I love how they are usually lined in silk or velvet and have a windup musicbox inside. :)

Interior of the pink jewelry box... this one was $2 at the Goodwill.

Interior of the beige jewelry box... this was found at the Dig 'n Save where items are priced by the pound. So this probably cost around 50 cents.