NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Back in the South


Well I'm currently writing from Memphis... I'm spending my spring break down here with my friend Katie's family. We drove down from Chicago on Sunday; it was quite a drive... it took us 10 hours! So far I've only been to one thrift store here (Good Will) but have also been to a few antique malls. I have high hopes for the thrift stores here... we'll see if they're met!

The photo above was taken on my 23rd birthday which was last Saturday, March 22nd. Although there was snow on the ground I was determined to wear that little embroidered dress that I bought at Buffalo Exchange a month ago thinking it would be more spring-like on my birthday. I'm pretty sure the dress is vintage though I have no idea how old it might be... also the embroidery makes me think it's Mexican but it could also very well be Eastern European (knowing my neighborhood).

I'm holding a little blue suitcase that I bought at the Village thrift store on my birthday for a few dollars and just behind me is another little blue suitcase I got at the same store on the same day. :)

Look for a big post from Jade soon...