NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Wrigleyville Estate Sale
So as some of you may or may not know, I'm currently pursuing a graduate degree (MFA) in photography. I haven't posted any of my project photos on this blog, but there recently has been some crossover in my interest in thrifting/all things vintage and my photo work. Here is a sneak peek from a new project I'm working on-- estate sales. I just developed these photos so they still need some work but I thought they would be interesting to share with you all.

These images were taken last Saturday at the sale of an 87-year-old woman who lived in Wrigleyville. She was originally from Prussia and most of her relatives still live in Germany (I met her nephew at the sale). The people running this sale were quite friendly and accomodating, I purchased quite a few things, including a '50s shelf & night stand. Usually I can't purchase furniture at sales as I don't have a way to get it home (I take public transportation in the city), but one of the people running the sale offered to deliver the furniture to my apartment for free! How great is that?

Stacks of colourful plastic bowls. There were a ton... I was tempted to buy them but had no clue what I would do with them!

I took about 20 photos of this couch but none turned out quite the way I envisioned. :(

Wooden shoe forms.

A little Mickey Mouse window pull in the kitchen.

Another glimpse of the couch as seen through a vanity mirror.

I loved the wallpaper in this room, it seemed very '60s to me?

Another shot of those bowls. :)

Old mattress left outside... I liked the floral decoration on the side.

Time marches on...