NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Shut. It. Down.
Ever since Bravo's The Rachel Zoe Project, I've been dying to break out my fur (especially since Michigan's weather has turned frigid). But I couldn't help but wonder if those fur vests and coats Rachel looked so fab in only worked on her because of her...well...skeleton-like figure. Fur adds so much bulk, I wondered if it would translate well onto fat bodies or if we'd end up looking a little too yeti. Luckily, I found an old vintage fur capelet of mine and it seems to work perfectly. Not only are capelets great because they fit a huge range of sizes, but they also provide the glam factor without the "Hi, I'm a grizzly bear" effect.
I know some people are anti-fur due to their morals, but buying vintage eases my mind a little. Faux fur is always an option too, not to mention it's bound to be cheaper. Luckily, you can usually find great fur pieces at your local thrift store for less than fifty bucks. Maybe one of these days I'll be ballsy enough to try a coat, but in the mean time I'll stick to covering just my shoulders and chest in the soft stuff. If you want to recreate Zoe's look, there are a few options online, but your best (and cheapest) bet is to check out Ebay or a nearby Salvation Army. In the words of my favorite skinny stylist, shut it down, girls.