NYC Style Spot   +  vogue girl korea

Vogue Girl Korea
I got a little bit giddy today when I walked in my house and saw a DHL package waiting for me. I am so honored to be featured in Vogue Girl Korea along with many of the hot ladies of the blogosphere. It's a little weird and exciting to see myself in print, even if I can't read it!

Here is a translation:

Briefly introduce yourself. What’s your name? Birthday? Location? Job?My name is Taghrid Chaaban I was born on November 7th, 1987. I live in Granada Hills, CA and I am a Graphic Artist.

When did you first blogging and why?I started my blog in April of 2008, and it has been so much fun. Since childhood, fashion and style have been essential parts of my life and the blog was a way for me to contribute to the fashion industry. I had been following a few established blogs for months, and since I was finishing up college and had more free time I decided to start one of my own. I saw it as a great opportunity to make connections with amazing people all over the world, and it gave me a medium where I can blabber on and on about my obsession in shoes and clothes.

What is your signature style?Although constantly evolving, my signature style is best described as Quirky Girlyness. Bows, vintage dresses, and fruity colors mixed with almost-inappropriate proportions and risqué shoes. I’m a really good girl, in a bad girl’s shoes!

When and how did you come about establishing your own style and look?
Because I am open to trying all kinds of new stuff, establishing my own style is a perpetual process. When I put something on and feel confident and pretty in it, it gets included into my “style” and I keep adding from there.

What is your fashion/styling rule?Dare to try something unexpected, and have fun with it!

Explain how you get dressed in the morning, step by step.After my daily shower, I stand in front of my closet for a few minutes wondering what I want to wear. I usually start with the shoes and work my way up. I try an outfit, don’t like something take it off, throw the stuff on the floor and put something else on. Many trial-and-error processes later, I usually will have come up with something to wear. The funny thing is, I often decide to go with something I tried on in the beginning. Indecisiveness is one of my foes. By the end of the week, my room looks like a terror zone, and it’s not fun to clean.

What is your key fashion item?A plain bodycon dress. Regardless of the cut or color, I honestly wear them under everything. One of my favorites is an American Apparel lamé tube dress, it’s super comfortable and functional yet still adds a lot of character to an outfit.

And what’s your favorite way of styling the item?I usually use it as a first layer whether it’s under lacy dresses, skirts, or with a blazer. Having a plain yet sexy first layer allows me to do a lot with accessories or shoes.

Explain how you mix and max color palette.I love color! Being dressed in all monochrome colors is so depressing. Naturally my aesthetic is attracted to color, and almost 80 percent of my clothes are colorful or have patterns. I like to mix patterns, textures and colors with some plain pieces.

Who’s your fashion icon and why?SJP as Carrie Bradshaw is truly my ultimate fashion icon. Feminine, edgy, sexy and sophisticated all in perfect proportions and always genius.

Where do you shop? What are some of your favorite shops and why?My usual hit list includes Nordstrom, Aardvarks, Forever 21, Target, Barneys, Wasteland, Shopbop, Gojane, and American rag. I like to go to the shops where I know I can get what I’m looking for and these places usually have it!

What are some things you keep in mind when you shop? Do you have any shopping rules?When I go shopping there are 3 questions in my mind: “1. Do I feel rad in it? 2. Can I afford it? 3. Is it a worthwhile purchase?” But then again, who doesn’t do that!

What’s your most recent purchase? Can you give any tips on how to wear it?My most recent purchase is a pair of obnoxiously cool 80’s jeans. Think acid wash, leather patches, and studs. Because they are so crazy, I think I will just wear them with simple comfortable tees and tops.

What’s your favorite show from 2009 S/S collection? Has this show affected the way you dress in any way?Hands down, the Chloe’ SS09 show is my favorite! The scallops, red leather, bow belts, and balloon pants are so playful and I have definitely been incorporating all of these elements into my wardrobe.

If you can buy one item for the summer, what would it be?I am a woman on the hunt for some Chloe-esque red leather shorts , and the perfect pair of 70’s style wooden platform sandals.