NYC Style Spot   +  makeup

Kiss and Makeup
I mentioned a while back that I wanted to include beauty tips in YFF, which is a great idea in theory, but there is one problem: I am in way over my head. I do believe that having a current haircut and nicely applied makeup is crucial in completing any look, but my knowledge is pretty limited. Clothing is my forte...hair and makeup, not so much. Thus, I've decided to invite guest bloggers who know a hell of a lot more about this stuff than I do to start writing for YFF in the next few weeks.
However, a few people did request that I share my daily makeup routine, and I think I can manage that. I literally have one look that I stick to, I'm not into fancy eyeshadows or anything of the sort. I've never been a fan of heavy makeup (I actually think it can detract from an outfit); my main goal is to look polished and "fresh-faced" with rosy cheeks, a light lip, and a little mascara.1)Prescriptives Traceless Skin Responsive Tint, Level 3 2) Prescriptives Site Unseen Brightening Concealer, Level 33) Lancôme Ôscillation Powermascara4) Prescriptives All Skins Loose Powder, Level 45) Prescriptives Blush Brush6) Prescriptives Mineral Cheek Color, RougeStone-047) Prescriptives Mineral Color Loose Lighting Powder, Cool Medium/Deep-048) Prescriptives Mineral Color Lipgloss, RoseQuartz-04
What I do: I start by applying my mascara--that way if I get any streaks across my face (hey, I told you I was no expert,) I can easily remove them without wiping away any other makeup. I also lightly swipe the wand across my brows. I had always used the classic Maybelline Great Lash until my friend recently recommended Lancome's new oscillating mascara. I tried it for the first time today and I totally love it. I thought the vibrations would be hard to work with, but you can barely tell the wand is moving.
After the mascara, I apply my "foundation" (apparently it's not really foundation because it's so light, it's called a "tint"), making sure to blend into my neck and avoid that horrid makeup line that everyone hates. I then blend concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes I may have.
Using a large, soft brush, I apply my loose powder all over. I love this stuff because it lasts forever and it also works as a bronzer (I am so pale it hurts). After that, the only thing left to do is throw some blush on the apples of my cheeks to give myself some much needed color, and if I have time, I apply lighting powder on my cheekbones/forehead for a little bit of highlighting sheen.
As for my lips, I tend to stick to light pinks and beiges; in the picture above I am wearing a glittery bubblegum color probably best fit for a 13 year old (and of course I adore it). I must admit though, recently I have fallen in love with red lipstick--something I never thought would look good on me. I am currently obsessed with finding cheap, great shades at local drugstores.
I know this got a little long, but trust me, my entire routine only takes five minutes (any more than that and it's not worth it for me). I hope this wasn't too torturous to read! I don't know a ton, but I do know that makeup can make a huge difference in finishing off that fierce outfit. And don't worry, from now on I'll leave the beauty advice to the experts.