NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Take A Bow
By now everyone knows oversized bows are all the rage, and I must admit I'm a fan of the trend as well. I recently purchased a too-small floral top from Salvation Army that had a big satin bow attached. Since the shirt didn't fit, I just ripped the bow off so that I could use it in other ways. I decided to first wear it in my hair, and debuted the look on Saturday night in Boston at my friend's birthday celebration. I felt a little bit Minnie Mouse, but in a good way.
I wore a beautiful cocktail dress from Jen's Fashion Plus. Seriously, Jen has sent me a few things and I like them all, but this dress is definitely my favorite. It's the perfect length, and has a beautiful collar that can be worn high or folded over. It's stretchy knit cotton with satin panels along the sides, and best of all, it has great pockets (dresses/skirts with big pockets=love). Last I checked, she only had two or three left; I recommend snatching this up while you can. Because it was a little chilly, I threw on a cute lace shrug (also from Jen). You may not think black lace works in the spring time, but according to style.com, you might want to reconsider.
To complete the look, I wore these amazing black patent leather heels by Dolce Vita which were sent to me by the wonderful people at solestruck.com. My friends and I were definitely the best-dressed in the city.By the way, if you're digging my satin bow, check out this headband from f21 (or any of their hair accessories, they have tons of great stuff).