NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Sittin' Pretty on the Sidelines
The runway last night was fantastic! Some lines were amazing (others were...not), but it was the audience members that wowed me the most. There were three girls in particular that I couldn't take my eyes off of; their steez was incredible. As for me, well, let's just say I was disappointed with how I looked. Long story short, I was in a huge rush and ended up throwing on the dress I wore for my friend's party in Boston. Others assured me I looked great, but I was sad I couldn't bring my best at such an amazing event.
As soon as I saw Ose, I squealed. The girl gets it. She's so stylish, I found it no surprise when she told me she works at TopShop (that's where the majority of her outfit is from). When I asked her whether fat women could fit into things there, she said "you'd be surprised. I make things work!" That's when I knew she was my kind of girl. And those fab bow earrings? Yeah, she made 'em. When Huny walked into the room, everyone literally stopped and stared. Her outfit was impeccably executed, giving her that edgy-chic look that others (including myself) try so hard to emulate. Her top is from Macy's, her belt is from Ashley Stewart, and she found that amazing crinoline skirt (that I must buy) on ebay. I love nothing more than a girl who knows how to mix fun pieces and create something totally inspiring. My favorite outfit of the night belonged to Meilee. Her vintage cropped sequins jacket (with bow details on the sleeves!) made my mouth water. The high-waisted pedal pushers are from the Goodwill and the ruffle top is from Ross! Now that's innovation---if you told me someone was wearing khakis from the Goodwill and a top from Ross, I'd never imagine it would look this good: Don't fret, the official runway photos are coming soon...