NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Beth Ditto in NYLON
Sometimes I think all of the fat fashion blogs should just rename themselves "Beth Ditto Blogs," because we talk about her so damn much. But the thing is, she really is the only famous fat girl who is actively involved in the mainstream world of high fashion. She sits in the front row during fashion week, she's not afraid to experiment with clothing, and best of all, she's unapologetic about her size.

Ditto (well, actually, The Gossip) is featured in August's issue of NYLON Magazine, and as always, she's lookin' fierce:Above, Beth wears an American Apparel bodysuit and a vintage capelet

Here are some of Ditto's best quotes from the article (though I think my favorite is the one pictured above...it might be my new motto):

"England honestly has better taste than America. I think it always has and always will. Europe was the first place to embrace Nina Simone, Jimi Hendrix, Otis Redding. I'm not saying we're on the same level of brilliance--but Europeans are quicker to pick up on something and give it a chance. Cool is really important to them; when they say something's cool, they're gonna mean it. And people in England just look fucking amazing all the time, more than anywhere else. It's not like Portland, where it's like, 'Cool--bike cleats!'"

"Punk is fashion. A friend of mine said, 'I don't know a single punk who doesn't spend a long time on their looks.' Too fuckin' true! Guess what doesn't get up there by itself? A liberty spike! I didn't have eyebrows for a long time. That's how I felt punk even in my most un-punk moments. That's how I could stay connected--I could be wearing Chanel, but there's zero eyebrows."

Be sure to check out the mag and read the full interview. She never fails to amaze me.