NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Gabby
Meet Gabby. Most likely you've seen her around the fat fashion blogosphere (she's quite popular in the wardrobe remix flickr community and she has a fashion blog called Corazones Rojos). Gabby is the queen of skinny pants and vintage dresses and has one of the best developed personal styles around. I like to call it grandma-chic, and I mean that in the best way possible. Plus, we share the same name, so she has to be pretty fuckin' cool.Name: Gabby
Age: 26
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Size: 14/16
Favorite Places to Shop: Most of the items in my closet are thrifted. I buy a lot of second-hand items and frequent Etsy; but my absolute number one favorite place to shop is a little thrift store in my hometown called The Value Center.
Fashion Icons: Stevie Nicks, Anna Sui, Jane Birkin, Chloe Sevigny, Susie Bubble
Current Obsession: Nast-Magazine, the Lykke Li bun, adding more black items to my closet, and plus-size fashion blogs.
Advice to other YFF Girls: I don't believe in fashion - I believe in personal style. First and foremost, don't rule out any store or trend. The best and most creative outfits are put together with items you never thought you would wear or like. Also, get yourself a simple sewing kit. I always shorten, hem, or cut thrift store items in some way or another to make them fit me better or alter them to my style. And above anything, do not listen to what anyone else says about how you should or should not dress.

Want to be featured as YFF's Girl of the Moment? Email gabi@youngfatandfabulous.com, you could be chosen next!