NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Natalie
Meet Natalie (chances are, you already have--she's taking over the internet). She blogs about her life (on definatalie.com), about being fat (on Axis of Fat), and just started vlogging on YouTube. She's an incredible artist from Australia who is on a mission to spread Fat Acceptance far and wide. Her style is funky and modern, and I love that she always has fun with clothes. (Also, you should check out her wedding pictures, because they are amazing).

At the end of this post, I've included her video "How To Love Yourself In 8 Really Hard Steps," which I definitely recommend watching; it's informative and inspirational--plus, her accent is awesome.
Name: Natalie
Age: 28
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Size: AU 22-24, UK 24-26, US 20-24
Favorite Places to Shop: Locally, I can't really say I have any favourites, our choices are pretty limited. City Chic is the most fashion forward retailer, however the price is too high for the quality you get in return. Estelle (a beautiful department store label) stops just shy of my size. I am loving shopping online with Evans at the moment though - in the last month I've made two purchases! I also source a lot of my clothes from the Fatshionista community's sales post Fridays.
Fashion Icons: My overarching icon is Barbara Cartland, because I'm on a fanciness kick right now. That's not always appropriate though, so my day to day wear is very inspired by real people: from the Sartorialist, to Wardrobe Remix, Hel Looks and the Fatshionista flickr pool! I especially consider yourself and Christina from Musings of a Fatshionista as icons, as you've both really inspired me to take risks with fashion. I said to someone the other day that you guys are like my Carrie Bradshaws of the fatshion world - so many crazy awesome outfits that Patricia Field would be proud of!
Current Obsession: Cowboy boots with floral dresses. A red military jacket. Trying to get out of the "black is for plus sizes" mindset. Big, brassy blondes. Obscene ladylikeness.
Advice to other YFF Girls: How you present yourself is the story you're telling everyone you meet without even opening your mouth. If you have a story to tell, don't be ashamed to start telling it. Exhaust every avenue finding the pieces that fully illustrate your style and don't get locked into thinking that what's on the rack is what you must wear: learn to sew or alter, consider things you thought you never could, go op shopping (thrifting to most of you!) and cut and paste. Your body is a canvas, whether you like it or not, so don't be afraid to take those first tentative daubs with fashion.