NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Blog Love: Rachel's Thrift Trip Across America
I apologize for the lull in posting... been busy with school (last year in my MFA program!), organizing my apartment (a new roommate just moved in two weeks ago) and unfortunately battling allergies/a cold. The good news is that I came across Rachel's blog, Adventures in Vintage Hunting, today and had to share it with all of you.[Rachel at Thrift Store #9 of the trip in Salt Lake City, Utah]

She moved from Philadelphia to LA and decided to drive cross country and stop at thrift stores along the way! I can't tell you how jealous I am, one of my dream vacations is to take a road trip along the East Coast and do the same thing... or maybe the West Coast/Pacific Northwest (I don't really have the endurance for a 9-day road trip).[Rachel at Thrift Store #2 in Hubbard, Ohio]

In general she's been avoiding the larger chain thrift stores (Good Will/Salvation Army) and instead opting to explore the hole-in-the-wall local spots. She also met up with vintage etsy sellers along the way and did home tours/interviewed them. I always love seeing how other collectors organize their vintage finds and I appreciate the photos Rachel has taken on her trip. Here are a few photos that she took at the home of etsy seller kitty b. creative. Love the wallpaper in the bathroom and that lamp!My favorite entry is her adventure in Nebraska, where she attended an estate auction very similar to the one I went to in my hometown of Fayetteville, Arkansas (must be a regional thing). They seem to have a lot more Midcentury Modern goodies in Nebraska though!So if you haven't already go visit Rachel's blog, Adventures in Vintage Hunting. I can't wait to see her new place in LA and how she decks it out in vintage. She also has plans to sell at the Melrose Trading Post flea market, a market that I used to visit monthly when I lived in LA! (Oh how I miss year-round MASSIVE flea markets)