NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

More Plus Models in Glamour
There's been so much talk recently about plus size models, I don't know where to begin. The highest paid and most well known plus model, Crystal Renn, has been seen everywhere lately because of her newly released book, Hungry. The release just so happened to coincide with the buzz surrounding this picture of the amazingly beautiful Lizzi Miller that was featured in Glamour's September issue:Well, since the picture got rave reviews from readers, Glamour decided to include more body diversity in the future. In fact, they just finished shooting an editorial for the November issue which featured nude plus size models. In addition to Miller, the shoot included Crystal Renn, Anansa Sims, Ashley Graham, Jennie Runk, Kate Dillon, and Amy Lemons, (seen below).I seriously cannot wait for this issue to hit the stands. I realize these ladies aren't exactly size 20s, but I truly believe this is a step in the right direction for larger women. (Kate Harding wrote a great article about this very topic for Jezebel). I honestly feel a positive shift occurring in the fashion industry regarding plus sizes. It's small, but it's there. And apparently I'm not the only one. Renn's agent told The Guardian, "I have been in this business for 11 years and I have seen this debate ripple through the fashion world a number of times," he said. "This time, though, the momentum of the debate feels different."

Here's to hoping he's right.