NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Glitz & Glam
Sorry for the lack of updates last week! I've been working on a few things, including organizing my closet (which, in my world, is also known as playing dress-up for hours on end). I have an entire section dedicated solely to sequins and (faux) fur, which inspired me to post. I can't believe that just a year ago, I was asking about where to find sequin blazers and mini skirts. You can't step foot into any store these days without being bombarded by the stuff. Even if you aren't normally the sequin-wearing type, there's no better time than the holidays to indulge a little. I know it's only October, but I have a feeling the holiday parties will be starting in no time.

Nothing completes the glam look like a little fur; I've been dying for Rachel Zoe's faux fur vest from QVC in red fox, but I'm broke right now. (They're all sold out, but you can put yourself on a waitlist. If you're impatient, Torrid has a much less appealing version in brown).1) Evans Sequin Zig Zag Dress
2) Dorothy Perkins Oyster Sequin Dress
3) Evans Black Sequin Mini Skirt
4) Evans Black Sequin Vest
5) Rachel Zoe Faux Fur Vest (sizes up to US 28, also comes in Red Fox and Chinchilla)
6) Next Black Beaded and Mesh Bubble Dress

Seriously, this list is far from exhaustive. If none of these things float your boat (or if you just want to see more), simply browse Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Next, and Asos, I promise you'll be swimming in sequins in seconds. And speaking of Asos, it looks like my wildest dreams are coming true: Asos is launching its plus-size line, Asos Curve, this January.

P.S.-Thanks so much for your submissions to the YFF $100 Giveaway! Keep 'em coming! The deadline is fast approaching!