NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Oby
Meet the gorgeous new YFF Girl of the Moment, Oby. Her colorful style is completely refreshing since it seems like everyone (including me) has been permanently dressed in black lately. Strongly influenced by her Nigerian roots, she pairs fun (and sometimes traditional) prints with great accessories, always making sure to finish her look with the perfect bag.Name: Oby
Age: 28
Location: Washington, D.C.
Size: 16-18
Favorite places to shop: I can pretty much shop anywhere, but I get immensely giddy when I step into Old Navy.
Fashion Icons: I wouldn't consider her an icon, but I really do admire Gwen Stefani's fashion sense. She knows how to ROCK her outfits! You can never really pinpoint what she will do next, but when she does it, it's rarely a miss.
Current Obsession: You mean, besides my love for Lost, Chuck and Modern Family? Sequins, sequins and more sequins. I am abso-freakin-lutely hooked. If I can find a legit sequin jacket to pair with some straight/skinny jeans, my life will be complete. Also, I just recently got into the genius that is Dorothy Perkins. I mean, where have I been?!!
Advice to other YFF Girls: I'm not really good with this advice thing, but I'll give it a try. YFF girls, always know what works best for you. What may look great on your friends might look like a hot mess on you. Also, I feel an outfit is never, EVER complete without some sort of accessory--adding a little detail to an outfit can do wonders. Keep your head held up high (something I have to remind myself every single day). Being a YFF girl comes with a lot of criticism, it's like being fat automatically means that we should be confined to the basic colors of black & grey. Um, no. We are girls that love fashion and love to look good! And there is definitely NOTHING wrong with that.

Wanna be featured on YFF? Email me your pictures: gabi@youngfatandfabulous.com, you might be chosen next!