NYC Style Spot   +  TIME

Hot Talent - We bring you MAINFRAME

When Fashion Limbo comes across pure, unapologetic talent, we have to share it. We are so excited to feature MAINFRAME, giving a new twist to your typical sunglasses. We got the fantastic chance to talk to Alexa Demie, behind the project with Kelly Merlo. These two girls are responsible for some sexy frames recently worn by hot model (and Kanye West's girlfriend) Amber Rose.

Who is Mainframe?

The creative minds behind MAINFRAME are two 18 year old girls born and raised in Los Angeles. I started designing in 2008 when I was asked to style a shoot for a local LA artist. I customized a pair of sunglasses she already owned and she loved them. I enjoyed transforming a simple design into an innovative piece that uplifted the whole outfit. So I continued doing it and brought on my partner Kelly Merlo, who contributes to the designs as well. Our ideas are ever changing and I don't think we will be running out of them any time soon, so prepare yourselves for a lot of amazingness, I know, that's not a word, but that's what's coming your way.

What inspires you?

The street, music, other artists, books. Anything can be an inspiration depending on how you interpret it.

What is the latest fashion item you have bought?

Mmmm...... let's see, I haven't been doing too much shopping these days, it seems this was the dress down "hustle" year, for me at least. I did purchase a vintage crew neck sweater, its sort of fuzzy. Its an amazing piece but very itchy. Oh and today I purchased vintage metal earrings that look like the beast from Beauty and the Beast. Amazing.

Picture: MAINFRAME