NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Rain, Rain Go Away
So it's been 2 days since we've seen the sun here in Chicago. It's been damp, chilly and foggy since Monday and it's unlikely to improve until this weekend-- it's times like these when I get a little down and long for the sunny shores of California. This will be my third winter in Chicago and I've been feeling nostalgic for my old life in Los Angeles... since I can't take any photos of my finds (due to the aforementioned lack of light) I decided to put together some photos I've been digging on flickr.

Aren't the bright colours cheery? The second set are all images of California-- mainly vintage vernacular imagery or remnants of the retro past that still exit there today. What do you all like to do on a rainy day?1. I like buoys, 2. Laundry Daze 10, 3. Crazy zippy water ballet. Kodachrome slide., 4. Breakfast with gift, 5. blizzy, 6. Pretty Peas, 7. Vintage 60s 70s Teal Turquoise Velvet Bow Pump Heels, 8. Aqua Swimsuit, 9. Have a Lagging Summer Appetite?1. Co-op orange packing plant, Redlands, Calif. Workman is doing the preliminary sorting, picking out the discards. Santa Fe trip (LOC), 2. The Club Car, 3. vintage crochet lace embroidered flower dress, 4. FREDERIC KIMBALL MIZEN (American, 1888-1964)., 5. Carthay Circle Theatre, LA CA, Thirties, 6. The Donut Dive., 7. The Standard Downtown, 8. Fudge Brownie Monster, 9. Blue Vintage Automobile, 10. Ernie's Gas Station with Girls, 1945, 11. Kite Flying at the Beach, 12. Mini Cactus