NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

ASOS Curve Review
Anyone who has read this blog long enough knows that the UK retailer, ASOS, is quite possibly my favorite store ever. When they announced that they would be launching a plus size line, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. They were kind enough to send some of us fatshion bloggers items to review before the line launches next week (Jan 22nd), and I don't think I've ever been happier than when the box arrived on my porch this morning. They sent me five items: a white lace dress, a black batwing dress, a blue trench coat, a pair of jeggings, and a slouchy white tee.

1) The white lace dress is simply amazing. It's super flirty and feminine, and it reminds me of the Rodarte for Target dresses that I couldn't fit into! It is perfect for Spring, but paired with tights and a bomber can definitely work through the winter months as well.
2) The batwing dress is every girl's dream. Everyone knows I can never have enough bodycon black dresses. The cool sleeves and slouchy top give it some flair, and I'm certain this will become a staple in my wardrobe. I wish I could have gotten a better picture showing the detail (trust me, I tried), but for some reason the flash and the material of the dress weren't working well together. I'm sure ASOS will be able to capture its magnificence a little more accurately!
3) This blue swing coat is just adorable. Nothing makes my heart flutter like big, gold buttons, and the huge pockets are the icing on the cake!
4) Never in my life have I felt a tee as soft as this one! I cannot even explain how hard it is as a fat girl to find slouchy t-shirts that look fashionable, so I was ecstatic to find out that ASOS has stepped up to the plate. Now that I know how well they fit, I will definitely be purchasing more. The jeggings are equally amazing--much better than any other brand I've tried. They're very thick, so I doubt they'll pill and rip, which is good because I don't think I'll be taking them off for a while.
I cannot say enough about the quality of these clothes; they literally feel like butter. Christina of Musings has also received some items that she will be reviewing in the next few days, and apparently hers are a bit more edgy. I'm extremely happy with the line so far, and cannot wait to see what else is offered when it launches next week!

Sizing: I believe the line will go up to a size UK26. To figure out what size you should order, my best advice is to take your measurements and check their size chart. I usually wear a US 16/18 on top and 18/20 on bottom. All of the ASOS stuff fit perfectly, and I ordered the dresses/tops in size UK20 and the jeggings in UK22.

In case anyone is wondering, all of the accessories and the studded shoes are from Forever21, the faux fur vest is from Target, and the black wedges are BCBG.