NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

On The Other Side of the Fence: The Vintage Bazaar!

Furniture, decor, clothing, accessories, housewares and assorted curiosities at affordable prices + snacks and ale.

Saturday, Feb. 27, 2010
12PM - 5PM
DANK Haus, 4740 N. Western, 5th floor

That's right folks, I'm teaming up with my friend Albert (a seasoned flea market veteran) for my first time on the OTHER side of the vintage fence, as a first-time vendor. It's definitely time to clear out some of my accumulation and pass some of my treasures on to fellow Chicago thriftaholics. I'll be selling handbags, jewelry, dresses and housewares dating from the 1940s-70s.

How I describe my style: Thriftaholic sells anything colorful, shiny or with good lines-- we're granny chic meets Midcentury Modern with a dash of groovy 1970s kitsch. We sell items that have a sense of history but can still be incorporated into a contemporary lifestyle.

The market is already getting lots of good press, I'll post links to the Apartment Therapy, Time Out & other articles soon. Definitely want to give a shoutout to both of the organizers, Katherine and Libby, both who reside in Chicago and write vintage-centric blogs.

If you happen to stop by be sure and say 'hi'. I love meeting readers of the blog. :)