NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Spring...?
1950s Spring Dress & Hat!1950s Spring Dress, BackChicago is still trying to decide if it's Spring or not yet... this week we saw temperatures in the 80s (!) and plenty of sunshine. All of a sudden coats were shed and there was a sudden influx in short shorts though not for me! I've been on the lookout for cotton dresses and slightly shorter (ie above knee length, GASP) sundresses that will work for summer picnics and long walks through neighborhoods.

I found the above buttercream yellow dress in an unlikely place-- at the Forest Park Emporium that is a small indoor antique mall that only has a small selection of clothes. It was only $12 and I like the little details like the scalloped neckline, lace edging near the hem and the blue stripes on the tie belt (hard to see in the photo).Arts & Crafts Style HouseWhile walking around Oak Park & Forest Park this morning I keep seeing bursts of color everywhere-- it seems like Spring comes later in the city proper or maybe it's just more noticeable in areas that have lawns!Straw Hat & Crocodile BagI bought the straw hat ages ago during the boater craze of last spring, it's more rounded than a boater but unfortunately it seems a little small on me (or perhaps I'm not wearing it right). The white leather bag was a birthday gift from my friend Tsz a few years ago. It's meant to look like crocodile but I think it's imitation.Spring Flowers1970s Rose LocketWhile I've stopped buying chunkier jewelry pieces this 1970s enameled rose locket just seemed perfect for the season and it works well with the dress. Now if only this weather would keep up!