NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

The Blazer Revisted
I know that I really should be studying now instead of posting again, but it was a beautiful day today which meant that procrastination was essential. And I'm here to post it up and finish what I started!I decided to wear the blazer that I wore yesterday again and style it in a different way. The reason for this is because I wanted to prove luxury companies wrong when they say that something is an "investment piece". Now, it's not that I don't believe in quality and fit because I do and those two things are imperative no matter what I'm purchasing. I just think that those two words act as an "enabler" of sorts and cause people less guilt for spending so much on an item. I spent $39.99 on this blazer and am satisfied with the quality and fit, and believe that it will serve me for years. It's fully lined and sewn well and goes with just about anything. Let's face it, 97% of us can't afford to spend several thousand dollars on a dress. I am here to vouch that a piece of clothing need not cost an entire months' salary in order to be validated as an "investment piece"!Unfortunately, not all fast-fashion finds are of such good quality. I love the details on this Forever 21 top, but it's beginning to pill already. I guess in many cases, you do get what you pay for.Hopefully this is really the last you hear of me until I finish finals. Thank you so much for your encouragement and kindness!

Wearing: H&M Blazer, Forever 21 top, J Brand denim leggings, Coach flats, materials for earrings purchased at Granville Island and self-assembled