NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

A Rainy Wedding
trainI attended my first ever wedding reception (for a former classmate) two weekends ago but didn't post the photos-- while I had a lot of fun & loved the vintage outfit I wore, it rained most of the day so there weren't too many opportunities for recording the memories.

The first image was taken on the Metra train (our line that goes out to the suburbs of Chicago) and the rest were taken in my apartment's courtyard, about 15 minutes before sunset so I had to precariously balance my camera on a piece of patio furniture and use the flash, yuck.outfitAnyways, the dress is from Very Best Vintage, I used a gift certificate that my friend Albert gave to me for a graduation gift. The dress seemed perfect for a spring wedding event and I love it because of the detailing on the back-- there are little green bows that run down it (not really visible in picture below).outfitbackUnfortunately the snapshot we took with the bride and groom didn't really come out and I felt weird snagging one of their 'professional' pics to include here. Mainly I wanted to show you these pictures to demonstrate how I've been wearing more hats/fascinators lately... this decorative 1950s headpiece was perfect for an outdoor Spring reception and it matched my dress perfectly. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be worn with the veil in front but I actually liked it better with it in the back and I pinned it to my hair so it wouldn't slip off.Kane County TreasuresHere's a photo of the hat that I posted previously for reference. I picked it up two months ago at the Kane County Flea Market for $5!cupcakesThe food at the reception was AMAZING. While a very informal affair (it was hosted in the backyard of the bride & groom's home), the meal was delicious-- steak & chicken kebobs, vodka sauce pasta, German potato salad, grilled asparagus and caprese salad. In lieu of a wedding cake they had red velvet and chocolate cupcakes. They were amazing, definitely some of the best I've had (and you know me, I'm the Cupcake Connoisseur!)