NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Aqua Fords & Nautical Keds
Posing with the FordAfter seeing Emily's adorable photo from the Vintage Car Show & USO dance she went to recently and the set of photos from QsDaydream of her birthday adventure at a classic car show I wanted to seek out some cars for a shoot... fortunately this rusty aqua Ford truck (1940s?) happened to be in the backyard of the Indiana salvage shop that my friend Albert & I visited yesterday. Thanks to Albert for humoring me and taking these photos.Car GirlOf course it was exactly noon when we took these images so the light was pretty harsh. I also wanted to sit on the hood of the truck but the metal was so hot I could barely touch it in the above photo!Aqua Ford!Back of the truck... if I could find one in reasonable shape I'd definitely drive it!! Would be handy for hauling home vintage finds, hehe.Junking in IndianaPosing with junk outside of the salvage store. I loved the juxtaposition of items-- just outside of the frame of the picture is a HUGE green sectional probably from the early 80s then there's the Grecian style column I'm leaning against and the chippy Shabby chic chair.Nautical KedsMy (new to me) deadstock "Nautical Keds." They're not actually Keds, they're made by a company called "Beacon USA". You can't tell in the above picture but they actually have a slight wedge to them-- of course even my tennis shoes have to have a slight heel! I adore the details-- laces that looks like rope, jute soles and a terry cloth-lined interior! They're probably from the late 1970s or early 80s judging by the font on the label but they remind me of 1940s shoes.

This post also my return to wearing 'separates', ie not wearing a vintage dress! I tend to wear a vintage dress every day but in the summer I wear more contemporary skirts and tops because it's too hot to wear too many layers (ie slips). I've had a lot of trouble finding vintage skirts (that don't have TINY waists) in the past but recently I bought the above skirt and another one I'll be posting about tomorrow for only $5 each at a private vintage sale. This skirt actually buttons down the front and cinches with a tie. It's also probably from the '70s.

Outfit Details:

Red Shirt- Express

Floral 1970s Skirt-- Private vintage clothing sale, $5

Red Nautical Keds--Wicker Park Consignment Shop

1950s gold cateye sunglasses- Echo Park (Los Angeles) Vintage store

1970s leather saddle bag-- Dug out of a dusty attic, $1tanwedgesAha, found a tan version of my shoes on etsy. Now you can get an idea of what the wedge sole looks like. If you're lucky enough to be a size 6 shoe go buy them over at lisazain's store.