NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

1940s Glamour at the Lake
Lake FayettevilleI'd been itching to do a photo shoot with this dress since buying it in Burbank (California) on my May/June trip out to L.A. It's one of my few 1940s dresses (they're hard to find in my size/tend to be rather expensive) and the colour and print are perfect for spring and summer wearing. Most fascinating is that it appears to be handmade judging by the seam stitching, I can't imagine fashioning such a well made garment today!

Outfit Details:
1940s Dress-- Burbank, CA
1940s Sweetheart ID bracelet-- Flounce Vintage, Echo Park (L.A.)
1950s Crocodile Bag-- Springdale (Arkansas) estate sale
Vintage hat-- Springdale (AR) thrift store
1970s sandals-- The Attic thrift store, Fayetteville (AR)Lake Fayetteville: DetailThe setting for this shoot was Lake Fayetteville, a manmade lake in my hometown of Fayetteville, Arkansas (yes we're super original with our naming of landmarks!) Despite being overgrown with algae and pretty much being unsafe to swim in, I still enjoyed driving up there in high school and wandering around the trails, reading by the water and taking 'artsy' photos of nature.Lake FayettevilleUnfortunately many of the piers have been closed off by wooden gates so I couldn't take the photographs I'd initially envisioned but these didn't turn out too bad. Below are some pictures I took four years ago with my Holga toy camera at the lake.holga1holga2Lake FayettevilleWondering what I was doing back home? I was there for the 4th of July holiday to shoot SOMEBODY's wedding!! More info on that soon along with pictures, hehe.