NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Blogger Inspiration: Don't Shoe Me
Image by Shraddha BorawakeImage by Shraddha BorawakeImage by Shraddha BorawakeImage by Shraddha BorawakeAllow me to introduce to you the gorgeous architect and fellow Indian Style blogger, Prutha of Don't Shoe Me. Here's a fun lil chat we had where I grilled her about everything I've always wanted to know about her  and her refreshingly original street style and personal style blog! :)

Ruhi: What sparked your interest in creating Don't Shoe Me?
Prutha: Just wanted to do something related to fashion to feed my hungry fashion passion [that sounds damn corny, I know..but I mean it, I really do]
R: Your personal style and your shopping philosophy in a sentence?P: My style: Quirky and fun. My shopping philosophy: Basics are too boring and space consuming. And I always shop alone.
R: We're in awe of Shradha's lens work. Tell us how you met and how it came to be for Don't Shoe Me.P: Shraddha and I have a really close friend in common. I have known her for a long time as Mariam’s friend but we only got to know each other better in the past 1 year. Shraddha and I were having lunch one day and I was asking her for her advice on what camera to buy and how to set it up to take my own pictures if I wanted to and basically how to get this blog started on my own, when she said, “ You know if you wish, I could help you”. That was it!But Shraddha travels a lot and is getting increasingly busy with school and her personal art shows etc, so I have been working with some other photographers and attempting street fashion shooting myself. But she keeps watching over me though. I love her. She’s a good friend.
R:  Is there a shoot that sticks out? :)P: This one time S wanted to take a pic of me sitting on this lion statue, which was almost 12 feet above ground. So I climbed on top of a railing, then a wall and got to the  lion statue to take a pic in a dress and 4” stilletoes!!! By far the second scariest thing I have ever done in my life [can’t tell you the first one]. But we couldn’t take our pics cause the building security came out running to get me off the wall, yelling at us… hehehe.. We had people staring at us from blocks away… Was awesome!! I am never doing it again though.
R: How do architecture and fashion work together for you? P: When I get fed up of architecture I turn to Fashion. And when I need to fund my fashion I turn to architecture. That’s how architecture and fashion work together for me. In perfect harmony :)
R: You’re based in NYC (a bit envious here), how do you feel that has inspired your work/blog/street photography?P: NYC is a zoo of ultra creative and unique animals. No inhibitions and everything goes. I hate rules. This place is perfect for me.
R: The dapper guys you shoot on the streets ever buy you girls drinks? ;)P: Never :( I hope they are reading this!! [FYI, we accept drinks from women too..we do not discriminate when it comes to alcohol…now I hope the women are reading this too…lol]
R: If you could go back in time and experience any fashion moment, what would it be?P: I would love to have experienced watching a McQueen and Galliano fashion show in the same season in person. Really wish that was possible.
R: A building (concept) you'd like to wear or a garment you'd like to see built?P; Would love to see some of Frank Gehry’s building designs converted into sculptural garments.Would love to design Manish Arora’s house / boutiques. It would be designed as a white forest. He loves butterflies and animals and 3 dimensional stuff for his clothes so his space should be no different. Except I would just do it in all white with courtyards open to sky [so that in the rains, you could actually have the rain fall into the courtyards in the middle of his store]. The white forest forms will act as a backdrop for his ultra colorful outfits.R: I freakin' love this concept, just FYI! :)
R: Does Chuchi miss her spots, you thief?P: Hey, she got my walk in exchange for her spots!! Fair trade I say ;)
PS. Prutha, you have a date to keep with me when you visit India! ;)