NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Sunday Shopping - Statement Sparklies
To me, an interesting piece of jewelry does wonders in differentiating a woman from the crowd. Over the last few years, my interest in accessorizing has been increasing and along with it, so has the size of my collection and the size of each individual piece of jewelry that I own as well. In the past, necklaces were used to make my neck look less bare and earrings worn to keep my piercings open. Fast forward to now-- I feel like accessories make or break an entire outfit!

For a student like me, what is great about statement jewelry is that it does not have to be pricey. There are great pieces at lower price points that can look just as expensive as the higher ones, which possess just as much character. The most I have ever spent on a piece of statement jewelry is around $60 and could not be more pleased with how I instantly feel more put together.

My current favourites to wear are big necklaces and oversized cocktail rings (okay, and earrings too, with the occasional bracelet or cuff)-- here are a few picks:Sun Shaped Ring with Opaque Green Stones - ASOS - ~$20
A massive take on the cocktail ring-- this one covers the whole finger you wear it on plus over half of each finger surrounding it.Orchid Dual Band Ring - BCBGMAXAZRIA - $28
This gorgeous ring is such a steal! I've completely fallen for it but I haven't been able to find it in Canada-- only on the U.S. website which doesn't ship internationally! :(Rimma Cluster Ring - Soo Ihn Kim - $135
A more delicate and dainty but still distinguished piece. Reminds me a bit of YSL but the band is so unique!Green Bibbed Stones Necklace - Harriet Grey - $42
As seen here. Super affordable but I cannot count the amount of times that someone has said that it looks so much more expensive than it is!Plate Chain Necklace - tuleste market - $250
Such an interesting casual piece to spice up even the plainest of outfits.FENTON/FALLON for J.Crew Carrington Crystal Bow Necklace - J.CREW - $295
An ultimate statement necklace. Feminine, beautiful and unabashedly audacious all at once. Check out the website for a photo of it on a neck... this one doesn't do it justice.

Do you like statement jewelry? What are your favourites? How bold is too bold?

---------------------

My amazingly sweet boyfriend has spoiled me silly (and caused me to gain several pounds along the way) by bringing me to eat my favourite dessert of sticky toffee pudding 3 times this week and taking me out to dinner for "last meals"... because tomorrow I'm getting 3 of my wisdom teeth extracted! Not going to lie-- I am pretty darn scared (might be an understatement). Will be out of commission for several days afterward... but looking forward to recovering and being wisdom teeth free. Any (good) experiences to share?