NYC Style Spot   +  shoes

Confessions of a Dubious Shoeaholic

I have been accused of a few things in my life and one of them is of being a shoeaholic. Shoe hoarder, heel obsessed, you name it. In an honest effort to dispel this obvious myth I've decided to show you a little of my private life: my shoe collection.
You will see that it is not that huge, and maybe at the end you will agree that I should still be able to buy shoes guilt-free? Let us begin.

We start with my favourite category: boots. Yes, that is one obsession you can accuse me of having. I have them in leather, plastic, in black, brown, tan, heeled, with wedges, you name it. I have a pair of Uggs (sue me, they are so comfortable) and a pair of "cardi" ones.

And some extra booties following just below: studded, the cardies and some kitten-heeled:

With a pair of thigh-high flat heeled boots not pictured, and the fact that my favourite pair of brown booties appears twice, the total is of 11 pairs.
Up next is the category of heels, see below, a total of 5 pairs. You will all agree this is pretty modest. I should definitively be allowed to own some more.

The next category is another personal obsession (that may or may not grow during an upcoming trip to London): wedges.

Only 4, so not too bad right? See, I'm a good girl. The next group is the one made up of flat shoes, or ballerinas.

We have studded, bejewelled, patent turquoise blue and...

... ever so slightly glittery red, black satin, and tartan blue. Which brings our total in the ballerina section to just 6. Come on, I'm really not that bad... ok now strictly summer shoes.

Which with a pair of clogs and some sandals, and the leopard pair below it's a round total of 6.

We end with the forever comfortable trainers, of which I only have 3, see below.

In order to keep a perfect record we will also count my running shoes, our Hello Kitty slippers, some black "wellies", and some battered purple flip-flops. Drum-roll...my entire shoe collection consists of 39 pairs.

It really, really, isn't that bad, at all. I am sure, and there is no joking here, that there are a lot of women with a lot more pairs than the ones I have.

So, my dears, may I keep shopping? :) and more importantly, what's your number? how many shoes populate your households?

Pictures: Fashion Limbo