NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Grey Canvas Part 2
Here's the second installment of the series featuring the grey Wilfred skirt! Thanks for your input in the last post; it was awesome to read about what items you find yourself pairing things with over and over again. Please keep the replies coming!

So, here are the next two...

Meeting the Parents

Although I've not had a new "meet the parents" experience in a while (not that I have a whole lot of those under my belt, haha), this outfit was put together with that in mind. It might sound kind of silly and it probably stems from my conservative parents, but I think what you wear does have a big impression on the parentals of a boyfriend. Priorities for me include no low cut tops (duh), nothing too short or tight (maybe a wee bit of an exception has been made here) and looking like you put in an effort (but not too much effort!). I wouldn't say that I'm a non-conservative dresser but overall I just wanted to look fresh and polished. I love the emerald green satin and brown ribbon bows on these flats... they're a shade reminiscent of Miu Miu flats to me with all the prettyness but at miniscule fraction of the price.------------------Casual attireAs suggested by the adorable Hanna,this outfit is my idea of casual and comfortable while still looking put together. One great thing about a skirt like this is that it can be pulled up or down to be adjusted in length so easily! The wedges are ultra comfortable as well as chic as proven by a trip to walk my boyfriend's dog and to the grocery store. I'm not a huge fan of moto jackets because of their mannish appearance most of the time, but the soft hue and material of this H&M one had enough femininity for my liking.Polished and Proper: Wilfred skirt, Zara sheer blouse, Max Studio emerald green satin flats, vintage belt, Miss Selfridge satin headband, BCBGMAXAZRIA earrings

Comfortable and Casual: Wilfred skirt, H&M jacket, ASOS top, Aldo Wedges, vintage belt, elephant necklace from Front & Company