NYC Style Spot   +  summer trend

On Nail Polish and Antwerp

It's been a while since my last post. I have been taking a short break from all things fashion whilst enjoying my sister's company. Entertaining visitors always makes us get off our lazy backsides and re-discover the place we live in. Last week I fell in love with Antwerp, again. Leaving our home in Brussels, we headed to the Belgian capital of fashion and fun. This town is at its best on sunny days - plenty of lovely terraces and pretty corners from which to enjoy some good people watching... before hitting the trendy boutiques.

In terms of shopping, I really cannot indulge at the moment. Due to some life-changing decisions I find myself slightly tight of budget. I needed some new make-up and had been lusting after a certain nail shade spotted on some of my favoured celebrities: matte grey. I followed my little sister's advice and, surprisingly enough, found that H&M had the right varnish for me. At less than €4 not only it was economical, but quite acceptable in terms of quality, as it only chipped after 36 hours - and because I was less than careful with a dodgy zip. See the shade below. Please ignore my chubby fingers.

I also headed to one of my favourite stores in Belgium, Sacha, and came across these mock Birkenstock sandals in leopard print and I simply couldn't resist. And you? What have you been up to?

Pictures: Fashion Limbo