NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

The Grey Cotton Canvas
Being extremely inspired by the lovely Nicole's creativity and practicality in her "One Blouse, Six Looks" post, I decided to begin a series in which I will use one inexpensive cotton/spandex pencil skirt, from Aritzia's in house brand Wilfred, and attempt to create outfits for a variety of life's occasions.

So for the next handful of posts, I will be featuring ensembles for different events using the same piece. I already have a few occasions in mind, but am willing and eager to hear your suggestions! So please do provide ideas!

Without further ado, here are the first two looks: the first being one that I would wear on a date with my boyfriend, and the second being a get up that would be suitable for an office.

Date NightFor this look I had two things in mind: flirtiness and girliness. What girl doesn't want to feel pretty on a date with her boyfriend? For me, that includes dainty details like silks and bows, and a big statement ring featuring one of the most feminine of subjects of all: a flower. I felt like the messy chignon kept it from being too serious.--------------------------

9 to 5Since I am working in the office for the summer, I've had to put more thought into what I wear on a day to day basis. Though my style is pretty conservative to begin with, I wanted to work on looking more professional regularly without sacrificing style. Of course I wouldn't call this interview appropriate, but I feel that a pair of large earrings, ruffle front top and bright yellow heels add enough spunk to the outfit while still allowing people to take you seriously. And I threw in a blazer for those chilly, air-conditioned offices.What is a piece that you could and would wear with anything in your closet?

Date Night with the Boyfriend ensemble: Wilfred skirt, Jacob red silk blouse, Calvin Klein pumps, Etsy earrings, BCBGMAXAZRIA ring, black belt from another skirt in wardrobe

Office-Appropriate ensemble: Wilfred skirt, Forever 21 ruffle top and earrings, Zara blazer, Stuart Weitzman pumps