NYC Style Spot   +  TIME

Statement Shoes Are for Strong Souls

Sunday. It's been raining all night and now, all morning. Suddenly some warm sunny rays surprise us: my miniature dachshund mix is soaking it all, lying next to me whilst I browse the Internet in search of shoes. A lovely pastime, I keep teasing myself with this ever-present addiction. I already showed you my modest collection, but we are not talking just shoes today, we are talking statement shoes.

Pictured above is our Shoe of the Week, or may we say, of the Month? With decreasing temperatures and reduced hours of light such treasures become not luxuries, but essentials to lift our spirits and power through. These beauties are by KG by Kurt Geiger. To top it all, the bow can be removed and placed elsewhere on said delicious shoes - oh my, sheer genius.

Speaking of genius, let's talk about Manolo, dearest Mr Blahnik. I don't usually buy Tatler, but with the stunning January Jones cover I couldn't resist. However to one's despair, nothing seemed exciting. Maybe the weather taking its toll, my mood was a tad low. Suddenly I came across an amazing fashion shoot with Manolo Blahnik as shoe hero. The picture above is my favourite and can you blame me with such gorgeous white booties on show?

Manolo Blahnik keeps one of each of shoes he's designed. He treats them as jewels, designing them with care, creating the first prototype and lovingly producing such unique pieces, and can you blame us for return that love with lust? And yes, we all know Sex and The City have a lot to answer to.

Statement shoes are an attitude on heels. They alter the way you walk, they add a powerful yet discreet sexual tint to one's look when done correctly. However, statement shoes are also - using a Carrie Bradshaw term - "frenemies". They can lead to a torn ligament. They make us go over our credit cards limits to bag a sometimes very painful stiletto. Yes, statement shoes are always a risk, but they are mostly a treasure and a beloved possession. As much as I love comfortable boots and reliable trainers (with sparkles please) I dream one day I will own a pair by His Shoe Majesty, Manolo Blahnik.

Oh and via the fantastic Face Hunter, a gigantic (shoe) statement

Any statement shoes you are coveting?

Pictures: Tatler, Mywardrobe.com, Face Hunter