NYC Style Spot   +  personal style

What I Wore - Accessible Art Fair Brussels

This weekend was quite odd... it flew by, did the same happen to you? The next one can just roll along, as here at Fashion Limbo we have quite the outing planned. Nothing much, tapas and booze, but more on that later in the week.

So Friday evening opened with the unsuprising wardrobe crisis. Is it just me or everybody's closet is one's worst enemy just 20 minutes before you have to leave? And don't get me started with Mr Evil, aka the full-length mirror. In such state of despair, I reached for my (horrendous and useless) camera and imagined some outfits. Finally, I picked the one below.

I ended up teaming the brocade black and gold skirt with opaque tights and some cute yet reasonable black heels from H&M (see below, still available at €20). The top is a clever wrap cardie by Italian brand Soho, and one of the best buys ever, as I can wear it in at least 4 different ways - I've promised myself I will invent a couple of more ways to do so before the year comes to an end.

From the profile view below you may be able to notice how I tied the cardie as a top, wearing it back to front and tying the excess fabric at the back.

Again, apologies for the rubbish picture quality, but I'm in dire need of a new photographic companion to play with. Due to a severe lack of funds the new toy will simply have to wait.

And now, about the event. It was the opening evening at the Accessible Art Fair in centre Brussels. A huge crowd, a lot of artists and a great amount of covetable art in "accessible" prices ranging from €50 to €5000. While those prices may still be quite inaccessible for the skint blogger that I am, it was a chance to enjoy a lot of creative talent and a fantastic Thai resto just round the corner (which I may or may not share with you, as such gems are best kept a secret).

One of best things of the evening some cupcakes by I Love Cake, see the heavenly sugar treats below.

The worst thing? ... mmm, oh yes, bubbles at 5 euro a glass... did I mention I'm skint? Ah the tragedy! but here is to returning to the Accessible Art Fair, as a successful writer, with some money to buy pretty things for my empty apartment walls.

Pictures: Fashion Limbo