NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

5 minutes with: A Perfectly Beautiful MUA



Leading up to the Perfectly Beautiful Makeup Artistry's first workshop on the 19th of February, I took five minutes to ask our makeup artist (founder of PBMA) Sarah a few questions about the workshop, her makeup artistry and where is has taken her up until now.What is perfectly beautiful makeup artistry?

Perfectly Beautiful is a makeup business that was established after I finished my diploma in makeup artistry. My passion is helping women to feel and look beautiful no matter what. I want women to feel and look amazing when they look in the mirror.


How did you get into makeup? What do you enjoy most?

I studied a Cert. III in beauty retail whilst in school and learnt a lot about beauty. I learnt a lot about makeup and decided that it was my destiny. So I followed my dreams and passion, went on to get my diploma, and became a makeup artist. I love everything about makeup, from the colours, to the application, and the way it makes women feel after I have finished.


Greatest experience to date with PBMA?

I have had a lot of great experiences and working with all different amazing people. One experience that stands out the most is when our work got published on the front cover of a magazine. The feeling of seeing your work all through the stores is amazing and very rewarding.
Favourite thing in your wardrobe right now?

I'm really loving big headbands with flowers on them at the moment.


How do you envision your makeup workshop?

I want to help women with applying makeup the right way and to enjoy using it just as much as I do. I want them to look in the mirror and say that they look beautiful. I want women to learn how to look after and protect their skin by using the right products and application. But most of all I want them to fall in love with makeup.